Saturday, 6 January 2018

Ikpeazu gives self condition for re-contesting in 2019


January 5, 2018


By Ijendu Iheaka


Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State says he would answer calls to contest for 2019 elections in the future after successful completion of projects initiated by his administration across the state.

The governor disclosed this whilevanswering questions on a radio programme at the the state-owned Broadcasting Corporation of Abia State (BCA) programme "Osinachi" and monitored in Aba.

"There are a few things which I am saying if we are able to finish them by the grace of God, in the future I would think that we can answer their call".

He named some of the projects as the revival of Aba School of Nursing, the construction of Ifeobara basin, the reconstruction of Arochukwu road and the Osisioma interchange.

Ikpeazu said that since leadership is linked to achievements, when he has completed these projects, he can be sure of matching any other contestant in Abia.

He further said that the government had so far invested about N325 million to upgrade facilities at Enyimba Stadium with a view to making it "world standard".

He said his administration had released N2 billion to Setraco Construction Company for the reconstruction of the failed Port Harcourt road in Aba.

Ikpeazu also promised to ensure Abia workers due for retirement were sent home to create room for young unemployed Abians.

The governor while rating his administration said that it has done very well in promoting made-in-Abia goods which has given Abia State recognition as the SME centre of Nigeria.

Ikpeazu also said that his administration has made great impact in Abia through agricultural projects aimed at improving the life of the people.

He called on the people of Abia State and all who love the state to come and invest in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment